Welcome to the Toy Train Depot
Alamogordo, New Mexico
The Toy Train Depot is probably the most unique train museum you’ll find anywhere…
There’s a little something for everyone; young, old, history buffs, train enthusiasts, south west adventurers, and souvenir seekers.
11-4 Thu. – Sat.
Please call ahead for the most current information: (575) 437-2855
Preserve the history of railroading in the local area through restoration, acquisition, display and interpretation of railroads of all scales and gauges including full scale train items.
Educate visitors of all ages about
- Railroad history in the local area and its unique role in the founding of Alamogordo
- Locomotion and its evolution
- Railroad scale modeling and associated electronics
Entertain visitors with the wonder of trains through…
- Static and dynamic displays of railroad artifacts and models of all scales and gauges
- Train ride through Alameda Park
- Gift shop offering railroad memorabilia, souvenirs, and hobby items
Alamogordo’s railroad origins continue to be relevant today through preservation, education, and entertainment provided by Toy Train Depot